Job Vacancy: Controller
We are currently accepting resumes for the position of Controller for our School/Commercial Bus division; Western Canada Bus.
What is the Job?
The Controller will be responsible for all financial functions of the bus sales division.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all corporate accounting functions, including the general ledger, financial schedules, accounts payables, fixed assets, cash management and banking. This includes ensuring bank balance accounts are accurately reconciled monthly
- Establish and maintain systems, processes and controls that protect company assets.
- Treasury management that includes daily cash flow analysis
- Closing of month ends in an accurate and timely manner
- Manages and assists with preparation of monthly financial statements, annual budgets and financial forecasts
- Prepares financial management reports for the president & senior managers detailing the current and projected financial position of the business and identify matters that have significant implications.
- Ensures that appropriate corporate insurance is in place and that related policies are maintained.
- Manages compliance with tax and other regulatory requirements as they apply to corporate finance
- Works closely with other members of the administrative staff in order to support their functions as necessary
- Manages website ensuring the latest information is available to our customers
- Accurately and efficiently complete projects, special assignments and other duties as required
- Participate in training and personal development
- Performs the role in a professional manner that aligns with the Company’s’ values and ideals
Where is the job?
This job is located in Edmonton, AB.
Who we are:
Founded in 2007, Western Canada Bus is the bus sales division of Diamond International Trucks and Glover International Trucks. We specialize in the sale of new and used buses & bus accessories. Our inventory consists of both school and commercial buses serving British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Our substantial growth has earned us many awards over the years. Most recently, we were recognized by IC Bus with the “Pursuit of Excellence” award for outstanding growth and exceptional customer service.
Check us out at www.wcbus.ca
What we offer:
- Excellent compensation package
- Competitive benefits package including dental & disability
- Bonus Programs
- Retirement plan
- Opportunity to work with a trusted and valued product line
- Support and leadership from a strong dealership network
What you need:
- Candidates are required to have a professional accounting designation or currently working towards achieving their designation (CPA, CA, CPA, CGA, CPA, CMA)
- Minimum 3 years experience in Controller or senior accounting position working in an entrepreneurial high growth, high transaction environment.
- Experience in an auto, heavy equipment or related industry is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of accounting and financial principals, practices and controls.
- Detailed orientated with strong analytical, organization and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically in excel is required
- Experience with CDK accounting software of is an asset
- Self -Motivated and organized with the ability to take own initiative on projects
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Flexible to changes in daily tasks when required
If this job interests you, please send your resume to email@example.com.